Taking a bold move towards empowering pre-school & elementary children, the Are You A Glow Kid? Storybook Educational Program is a first of its’ kind to provide this unique psycho-social-emotional development program for optimal childhood well-being in the context of modern day circumstances. Glowy, the main character, takes the reader on a compassionate imperfect storybook journey to empower children to develop glowing life skills, insights and character development while learning to appreciate individuality, develop a healthy self-concept and life perspective.
This two-part preventative solution based program guides educators, child care providers and parents alike, through a comprehensive educational guide complete with lesson plans to accompany each picture story book page. Are You A Glow Kid? Storybook Educational Program encourages children to stay true to their glow by having the courage and self-freedom to be the best version of who they are, particularly when coping with adversity. We implore children to pass the glow forward among their peers to create a harmonious youthful generation of leaders.
- Aligns with Search Institutes building blocks of healthy development & 40 developmental assets.
• Accentuates internal and external assets by providing a concise & concrete framework
- Increases the well-being of youth while utilizes best teaching practices
- Enhances character development programs
- Reinforces Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Standards
- Emphasizes QSAC NJ Professional Development Requirements in Statute & Regulations for:
• Prevention: Suicide, Substance Abuse, Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
• School Safety, Security, & Code of Student Conduct
- Supports NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards
• 21st Century Life & Careers
• Comprehensive Health & Physical Education
• Social Studies
• Visual & Performing Arts
• World Languages
- Strengthens the US Department Of Health & Human Services Goal To Heighten Emotional, Psychological & Social Well-Being In Youth Development & The Surgeon General Priority Of National Recommendation Prevention Strategies In Developing Positive Mental & Emotional Well-Being
- Develops The Center For Disease Control Concepts & Recommendations for
• Health Related Quality Of Life Well-Being
• Youth Violence Prevention
The S.E.E.D (Self Exchange/Interaction Environment Development) approach applies to the Are You A Glow Kid? Psycho-Social Emotional Storybook Educational Program for Optimal Childhood Development.
The first lesson the in Are You A Glow Kid? Psycho-Social Emotional Storybook Educational Program for Optimal Childhood Development covers self-awareness, self-acceptance & confidence, social awareness and pro-social behavior/skills.